Working as a Volunteer
You are interested in engaging in a social project in a foreign country? You would like to make children’s eyes glow? You prefer engagement instead of just going on vacation? You would like to challenge yourself and get insight in a different culture and lifestyle?
Then this is the right place for you!
For our two schools (slum school and prison school) in Birgunj, we are searching for 1-2 volunteers from September to June, who would like to work there as teachers: young, ambitious women, who teach English to the kids, do sports and fun activities with them and educate the children’s mothers about their own body. We are open for new ideas of our volunteers and we welcome any competencies the volunteers bring along. We are looking forward to open-minded, reliable and flexible women, who are up for leaving their comfort zone for a couple months! You feel addressed? Then don’t hesitate to contact us!
What you should bring along:
- Full legal age and completed school education
- Very good English language skills
- Minimum duration of stay: 2 months
- Reliability, cultural openness, flexibility, creativity, resilience, visions,…
- It would be beneficial if you are ambitious about and experienced with working with kids
What we offer:
- Close cooperation with the Childvision Team and the possibility to bring your own ideas to the project
- Coverage of costs for meals and accommodation
- Regular contact/supervision with the Childvision Team during your work in Nepal
Did we catch your interest? Then contact us and send us a short letter of motivation, in combination with your CV! We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Please help us with helping!
Brigitte and Heinz Söllinger
Key word: Nepal
IBAN: AT97 3431 3003 0001 9315
A sponsorship would be 15€ per month. It even helps if you take a partial sponsorship. Every Euro helps – all the money will contribute to the project, not even a coin will go to administration!
All members of the Childvision Team in Austria work voluntarily – no one gets paid, every Cent goes directly to Nepal.
So where does the donation go?
- Daily meals for school children
- Construction and expansion of school buildings
- School equipment (books, furniture, school clothes, teaching material,…)
- Salaries of teachers
- Medical treatments
If you are interested in a presentation of our project at your school, your company or at a charity event, feel free to contact us – it will be our pleasure to arrange something for you. Just write us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
If you have further questions or if you would like to gain more detailed information, get in touch with us and we will try to provide information at our best. We are looking forward to getting to know you and to sharing our passion about ChildVision Nepal, the Nepalese culture and our experience with you!